In April 1835 Niels Brock Perch opened a small shop in Kronprinsensgade 5, where the shop is still housed today. The goal of the business was to sell the best teas from all over the world as well as a little bit of porcelain. He imported all the goods himself from the ships, which docked at Christianshavn. The Perch family had the shop until 1894, after which the Hincheldey family took over. In 1927, the teashop was handed over to one of the company’s – perhaps – most famous figures, namely Ludvig Hincheldey. The man for whom cracker flip and a great passion for tea were his landmarks. Ludvig Hincheldey never compromised on quality and rather failed to sell his goods if he had the feeling that these were not treated with respect. In 2002, A. C. Perchs had the great honor of being appointed Royal Court Supplier. The company has for many years delivered it to the Royal Family, and the appointment has meant a lot to the business, which for 185 years has tried to protect old trading issues and good business ethics. Today, A. C. Perch’s Thehandel is operated by the 5tth generation Hincheldey In addition to the electric light and a “newer” staff, the teashop to this day remains completely intact.